First established in 1885, the pub was initially called the Glencoe Hotel and operated for many years before it burnt down.
It was rebuilt and re-opened in 1969 by an Englishman and his Russian wife who, in a bid to encompass the Celtic destination, dubbed the pub as the Red Lion Tavern.
After the fire the new owners spent around $60,000 building the pub from the ground up with many of the bricks used in construction, salvaged from the previous establishment. Some Features include a staircase that was sourced from a pub in Gladstone and rood pannelling sourced from the Corindi Courthouse.
This beautiful pub was bought by Kelly and Stephen Swain, and their daughter Cassie and her Husband Joe Dorrstein. Together They plan to make this place a real tourist attraction with lots of different ideas such as weddings, functions, the list goes on.....